Offley Endowed is a small village church school serving the villages of Offley and Lilley. Our school is set in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside just a little way from Hitchin. Our school motto is to ‘Be all you can be’ and as a school we believe passionately in supporting our children to develop all of their skills - not just academically, but socially and emotionally as well, within the context of an inclusive Christian community. Our ethos is based on faith in action and this means that we are committed to providing the children with a broad and balanced curriculum which provides the very highest standards of teaching and learning both inside and outside of the classroom including sports training, musical events and outdoor learning such as nature walks and tending to our school allotment.
On these web pages you will be able to get to know a little about our friendly school but the best way to get to know us is to come and see us. Visits to the school are always welcome and Mrs Hazelwood, our school secretary will be pleased to organise an appointment for you. We look forward to seeing you soon.
At 2.25pm it was confirmed that the team are just coming through Wolverhampton - we are expecting them to arrive at School at 4.15pm. Please keep an eye on the website I will post a further message if things change.
Team Offley made the most their last full day at PGL, they enjoyed Kayaking in the morning and had the Party night last night. We all look forward to hearing stories of their adventures and welcoming them back to School, which has been very quiet without them!
At Offley Endowed Primary School we strive to provide a healthy, safe, caring and challenging learning environment where everyone is valued.
We aim to:
• Work in partnership with children, parents, carers and the wider community.
• Engage all children in their learning and help them to prepare for their future.
• Achieve high standards of discipline which are firm but fair.
• Promote our children’s understanding of their own and other spiritual, moral and social development.
• Help them become good citizens in a multicultural society.
• Create and maintain a secure and stimulating learning environment in an atmosphere of care, trust and mutual respect.
• Deliver a curriculum that offers rich, varied and challenging opportunities encouraging an enquiring mind, creativity and academic achievement.
These aims are underpinned by our distinctive Christian character and values especially:
Honesty, Forgiveness, Responsibility, Self-worth, Respect and understanding, Care and love.
These values are explored in more detail with the children during lessons and collective worship on a programme of one per half term.